Almond Toffee Bars
12 graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag of Heath bar baking bits
2 small bags of sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil and cover with graham crackers.
3. Stir butter and sugar in a saucepan on the stove. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, let boil for 1 minute and continue stirring. It will thicken into a nice caramel.
4. Pour caramel over crackers and spread it around so all are covered.
5. Put in the oven and bake for 3-6 minutes- just until caramel is bubbly.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with toppings.
7. Cool completely and cut into small bars.
Yep, I pulled it off. I took one cello bag of my chocolate mint Christmas cookies and one cello bag of these bars, tied them together with a shiny red ribbon, one of those nice little tags and topped it off with a red jingle bell. I delivered a whole bunch of these cutie-patootie gift bags before the end of the work day. Here's to an accomplished Christmas eve-eve! Now tomorrow I just have to finish MY projects for Christmas presents.