Thursday, December 23, 2010

Super easy Almond Toffee Bars

My phone rang this morning at 10 am. It was Kyle calling from work saying he had an odd question for me. Apparently the chocolate mint Christmas cookies I had baked for him to take to the office were a hit. Such a hit that one of his coworkers wanted me to bake up a few batches today for him to hand off to his neighbors. Said coworker was supposed to spend last weekend baking goodies of his own for his neighbors. Said coworker did not spend the weekend baking, but instead watching football... Men. Not only did he want those tasty minty cookies, but he wanted me to come up with another tasty treat- did I mention he wanted all of this done today? Good thing I'm super momma and all. I did a speedy Google search (ahhhh Google, I love you) for easy Christmas treats and found these little suckers.

Almond Toffee Bars
Ingredients :
12 graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag of Heath bar baking bits
2 small bags of sliced almonds

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil and cover with graham crackers.


3. Stir butter and sugar in a saucepan on the stove. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, let boil for 1 minute and continue stirring. It will thicken into a nice caramel.


4. Pour caramel over crackers and spread it around so all are covered.


5. Put in the oven and bake for 3-6 minutes- just until caramel is bubbly.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with toppings.


7. Cool completely and cut into small bars.


Yep, I pulled it off. I took one cello bag of my chocolate mint Christmas cookies and one cello bag of these bars, tied them together with a shiny red ribbon, one of those nice little tags and topped it off with a red jingle bell. I delivered a whole bunch of these cutie-patootie gift bags before the end of the work day. Here's to an accomplished Christmas eve-eve! Now tomorrow I just have to finish MY projects for Christmas presents.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...