Sunday, March 13, 2011

Citrus Salt Scrub

Hey guys! It's been WAY too long. I'm sorry for leaving you all hanging in the wind. Life's been busy-- however, I've not stopped creating, just stopped sharing. So-- it's time. Here I am, sharing my latest little creation.
A lovely salt scrub. Winter's on it's way out, and Spring is blooming ( Hopefully for you too! )Which only means, we need to ready our pasty skin for that sun! Time to get the dry flaky skin off, paint those toenails and get ready for flip-flips. I'm more than ready for the change in the season-- So, I decided this morning, I need a new scrub ( I LOVE them! ) So, here we are. This recipe is SO easy, and you likely have all the ingredients to make it happen already. It took me about 10 minutes tops.
Here's the digs on this super scrub:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
(can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon orange zest

Directions

In a medium dry bowl, combine all ingredients making sure to not let any water touch them as it will dissolve the salt. Pour mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Just before showering, swirl ingredients together with your fingertips to mix. Clean body completely and just before exiting shower, apply Citrus Salt Body Scrub to body in a firm circular scrubbing motion with hands or a soft washcloth. Rinse off the mixture and pat body dry with a clean towel.
I used a small mason jar, tied a little ribbon around it, and viola-- a perfect gift! (Although, this one is ALL mine!) How's that for easy-peasy? I thought so. 
Welcome Spring with your soft skin, get ready to wiggle those piggies!
Big love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...