Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day Garland


Our house wasn't really feeling the love for V-Day. I've never been one to decorate for holidays other than Christmas, but with a kiddo, I feel all decoratey! Also, I don't have money to spend on decorations. I started snooping around our house looking for a solution. This is what I found:

- Red paper
- Red ribbon
- White cardstock

I've seen a ton of adorable garlands floating around blogland, see here, here and here (super duper cute, aren't they?!). But, I aimed for simple.
I whipped out my 1in circle punch and cut a bunch out of the white cardstock. Took the red paper and drew hearts all over, then cut them out (Note: they do NOT have to be perfect. I love the look of wonky hearts!). I took a small hole punch and cut two holes in everything, to thread the ribbon through. Threaded everything onto the ribbon, tied a knot in each end and taped it to the mantle. Easy peasy and SO sweet!



Linking up to:
We Did It Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts
Valentine's Galore @ Someday Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!! Thank you for the sweet comment!! That makes me so happy that you liked my Valentines blocks :) I was beginning to wonder if anyone liked them. Also, thank you for being my newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - thanks for sharing. I have just the yarn to use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...