Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Heinous Frame Gets A Makeover!

I knew the moment I saw this heinous little frame that it could turn into something beautiful, I could be the one to breathe new life into it. Because I'm a total lame-o, I forgot to take a before picture (ugh!). I really wish you could have seen just how sad it was.

The only before-ish shot I've got...


Bad, right? Now imagine that with a really hideous brown, orange, yellow and red painting of flowers in a vase. Scary, I know. And yes, I'm totally painting it on my ironing board, on top of a Nordstrom bag (Nordstrom.. swoon). 


So much better after a coat of white paint, isn't it? Now we're getting somewhere! Here's where my totally sucky planning comes into play. I forgot to take pictures... again. I sanded down the frame in places to give it a nice distressed look, then slathered on a coat of Mod Podge to seal it up. Now, because I wasn't going to use this frame for pictures- I tore off the hanging wire and strung three rows of jute twine across the back, kept in place with little nails. 


Ta-Da! Nasty old frame turned super adorable hair clip display! As you may know, I make and sell these sweet little clips in my Etsy shop as well as a few local stores. One of them asked for a display and this is what I came up with. 


A little close up of the distressing treatment. Lovely, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...